CDS Views or CDS Entities can be exposed as OData Services in following ways
- The Reference Data Source option in SEGW.
- Annotation OData.Publish
- RAP Model
In this post, you will learn to map a CDS View to an OData service using The Reference Data Source option in SEGW.
You will need to create a CDS view for this tutorial. Follow below tutorials
- Install Eclipse for ABAP Development
- Working With Eclipse  : Open ABAP Perspective & Create A Project
- Introduction to CDS Views
Visit ABAP on HANA series for Tutorials on CDS, AMDP, Eclipse, and ALV IDA.
Create a CDS View
Create New Project and Map CDS
1. Create a project in SEGW.
2. Right-click on Data Model and choose Reference > Data Source
3. Provide CDS View /CDS Entity Name, Click Next
4. CDS Entity Exposed is listed, click Finish
5. Data Source Reference node will show the mapped CDS
Note that there can be only one reference per project.
6. Generate the project
7. Register the service
Testing the Service
Start Gateway client.
HTTP Method : GET URI : /sap/opu/odata/SAP/ZJP_CDS_SIMPLE_SRV/ZJP_SO_DATA?$format=json
HTTP Method : GET URI : /sap/opu/odata/SAP/ZJP_CDS_SIMPLE_SRV/ZJP_SO_DATA('109')?$format=json
The Services Based on CDS View / Entities will only have read capability as CDS by itself does not have a CREATE/UPDATE/DELETE functionality.
If we try to force a create operation, it fails with the below error –
Visit OData Development in SAP to explore all articles on OData.
If you like the content, please subscribe…